Normally, federal annuitants don’t received their 1099R Tax Forms until the end of January or the beginning of February by regular mail. If you are registered to use OPM’s Retirement Services Website  your 1099 R is now available for download. I visited the site on January 18, 2016 and was able to download my copy that I will use for my 2016 tax return. I’ve been visiting the site each day to see when it would first be available.
To get a head start on your taxes visit OPM’s web site and download a copy. You must be registered to use the site. If you aren’t registered read the article titled “Connect to OPM’s Online Services ” to understand the registration process and sign up. It doesn’t take long however you may have to wait for your password to be sent via regular US mail and that can take several weeks. If you haven’t signed up yet do it now. The site offers retired federal employees many helpful options such as changing your direct deposit information, address changes, 1099 R copies, and much more.
Helpful Retirement Planning Tools
Request a Federal Retirement Report™  today if you would like to review your projected annuity payments, income verses expenses, FEGLI, and TSP projections.
Distribute these FREE tools to others that are planning their retirement
- Retirement Planning Guide 
- Master Retiree Contact List  (Important contact numbers and information)
- 2017 Leave and Schedule Chart  (Excel chart tracks all leave balances. Use this chart to set target retirement dates.)
- 2017 Annuity Calculator (FREE Excel chart estimates annuity growth)
Last 5 posts by Dennis Damp
- I-Bonds Earning 7.12%! A Great Way to Save  - December 3rd, 2021
- (Correction) Aetna’s FEHB Medicare Advantage Plan  - November 27th, 2021
- FEHB Medicare Advantage Plans (Proceed with Caution)  - November 20th, 2021
- Medicare Premiums Skyrocket  - November 19th, 2021
- GEHA Standard to BCBS Basic Plan Comparison – 2022  - November 13th, 2021
- 2022 FEHB Plan Selection Guide  - November 5th, 2021
- 2022 FEHB Open Season Advice  - October 29th, 2021
- Working in Retirement – The Advantages  - October 22nd, 2021
- 2022 COLA Announced and Annuity Projection Calculator  - October 13th, 2021
- FEHB Average health care Premiums rising for 2022  - October 8th, 2021
- An End to Surprise Health Care Billing! A Cautionary Tale  - October 1st, 2021
- Seeds of Change – Making a Difference  - September 18th, 2021