Posted on Wednesday, 18th January 2017 by Dennis DampPrint This Post
Normally, federal annuitants don’t received their 1099R Tax Forms until the end of January or the beginning of February by regular mail. If you are registered to use OPM’s Retirement Services Website your 1099 R is now available for download. I visited the site on January 18, 2016 and was able to download my copy that I will use for my 2016 tax return. I’ve been visiting the site each day to see when it would first be available.
To get a head start on your taxes visit OPM’s web site and download a copy. You must be registered to use the site. If you aren’t registered read the article titled “Connect to OPM’s Online Services” to understand the registration process and sign up. It doesn’t take long however you may have to wait for your password to be sent via regular US mail and that can take several weeks. If you haven’t signed up yet do it now. The site offers retired federal employees many helpful options such as changing your direct deposit information, address changes, 1099 R copies, and much more.
Helpful Retirement Planning Tools
Request a Federal Retirement Report™ today if you would like to review your projected annuity payments, income verses expenses, FEGLI, and TSP projections.
Distribute these FREE tools to others that are planning their retirement
- Retirement Planning Guide
- Master Retiree Contact List (Important contact numbers and information)
- 2017 Leave and Schedule Chart (Excel chart tracks all leave balances. Use this chart to set target retirement dates.)
- 2017 Annuity Calculator (FREE Excel chart estimates annuity growth)
Last 5 posts by Dennis Damp
- Finally, Good News for Retirees and Savers - March 13th, 2017
- The End Game - Protecting Your Loved Ones - February 12th, 2017
- Retirement Application & Benefit Forms - Don't Make This Mistake! - January 27th, 2017
- Retirement Moves - Take These Steps Now! - January 13th, 2017
- 2017 Leave calendar and Pay Raise, Then and Now, & Jobs Update - December 16th, 2016
- Retiree Reflections Autumn 2016 - November 30th, 2016
- FEHB Open Season & 2017 Leave Chart Updates – Retiree Jobs - November 17th, 2016
- Ready – Set – Go! FEHB Open Season - November 12th, 2016
- Annuity Calculator - What You Will Have When - October 29th, 2016
- 2017 COLA, Federal Employee's Leave Chart, & Pay Raise - October 23rd, 2016
- FEHB Open Season Update & Best Date to Retire in 2017 - October 14th, 2016
- FEHB Open Season, Federal Retirement Report, and Site Recognition - October 6th, 2016
Print This Post